- Is AirBox7 available for download ?
AirBox7 will be available for download in June 2016.
- What is the last AirBox version?
You can check about the latest versions of all ATHENSA software from download section of our site https://athensa.tv/products/downloads/
- Do you generate an EPG (Electronic Program Guide)?
This is a job for the scheduling system as it deals with the actual program scheduling.
- I have converted my DV files into upper field first, but they still plays as lower field first
Native field order for DV files is lower field first, and in order to re-encode them correctly to upper field first, “field blending” option must be used (in editing software)
- Some of my files are having flickering/jerky motion, while other files plays OK
Customer is trying to play files with Upper Field First, Lower Field First and/or Progressive in same playlist. This is very poor practice since playing more that one type is not possible. Customer should choose one type of fields for all his files and reencode them to same field order.
- What is MPO?
MPO stands for Multi Parallel Output. Athensa AirBox MPO enables the running of two or more outputs so that broadcasters can easily provide parallel outputs in any combination needed to deliver the content. For example, HD SDI and IP streaming at the same time.
- Is it possible to change video and/or audio stream PIDs in Athensa AirBox?
Yes, but they are not user-definable. They can be changed by experienced technical personnel. The factory-default values are fixed at: Video = 256 (hex 100), MPEG audio = 512+ (hex 200+), AC3 audio = 768+ (hex 300+).The plus sign means that additional audio channel PID numbers increment, e.g. the second stream is 513, the third one is 514, etc. PID remapping can be easily done by DVB Muxer.
- Is it possible to apply “video resize” to a single file in the playlist?
Yes. Each resizing is triggered by a scaling event in the playlist. Applying a resize to a single item can be easily done by inserting a scale event before this item.
- Is it possible to trim clips with multiple video or audio channels?
Absolutely! If you use such a clip in Clip Trimmer, all available video and/or audio tracks are listed and you can choose which one to view/hear. Based on the video selection Athensa AirBox will play out the specified video track. The audio track selection is only for listening convenience while trimming – the audio tracks will be played out up to the extent of defined output audio channels (optional) and in the same order they are found in the original file, unless otherwise specified.
- Can I resize the desktop video preview window?
Yes, if you make it an external window, you can set it any size. Look for the appropriate setting in Athensa AirBox Settings menu.
- Is it possible to run more than one TV channel from the same server?
Yes, if you obtain additional Athensa AirBox licenses, you can playout as many channels as your hardware cards are. In most cases 4 or 5 channels is the maximum depending on the hardware cards and additional requirements (e.g. storage type, case size, etc.).
- Is it possible to have mixed compression files in the same playlist for playout?
Yes, it is possible to playout files of various compression formats and containers, such as MPEG2, DV, IMX, MXF, H.264, WMV, etc.
- Can Athensa AirBox read Cue tones for automated commercial insertion?
Yes, it can read many types of cue “tones”: Analogue audio, SDI embedded audio, Live UDP audio stream, Live UDP stream with SCTE-35 markers. Based on pre-defined DTMF combinations Athensa AirBox can execute various commands, in a similar manner to GPI input.
- Can Athensa AirBox playout content with slow motion
No, Athensa AirBox is not intended to be an instant replay server, and is not targeted for slow-motion VTR replacement.
- On 24th November 2016